Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm waiting for KYLE XY to load on Tudou. And even with Fei Xun Tudou, it's taking really longggg. So I shall blog.

28th May
Took lots photos at work because it was Nicholas's last day. He was leaving earlier than me!! >< Its just one day earlier, but still. I'm happy for him though. I think in a way, the updating the systems can, as he puts it 'drain out souls'. Haha..
Left for bugis to meet my sister for shopping purposes but we ended up buying stuff that we didn't intend to buy and nothing of which that we initially had in mind to buy. It always happens doesn't it. ><
Still had time to head down to clementi so I did, while my sister went home. And we bought 12 tutu kuehs at clementi. When I heard 12 I was like?? How to finish?? But we did! hahaa.. 6 peanut and 6 coconut. And they were good! See la. I need exercise man. Then we walked around and decided hey let's go play daytona. We played twice! And both times I led until the last round and was overtaken just a while before we ran out of time. >< Have to go play again man. Haha..

29th May
Last day at work!!!!! This job has given me a stable income and quite a leap in spending powers the last 6 months. Even though I would never voluntarily go back there to work again, I would say it has been quite an eye-opening experience.
And then in the evening we went to the southern ridges! Its really nice! It would have been much better if the weather was much cooler though. But I enjoyed it and the company. We should all go walk it again in the cooler 'seasons' of the year! And I shall make it a point to one day run from one end all the way to the other. Heh.

30th May
Our long awaited Adidas Sundown Marathon Women's 10km race! We did it in 1hr10mins. Much shorter than we expected. We were expecting btw 1hr 15 to 1hr 30 mins. Heh. Felt great completing it. I didn't particularly like the race route though. Scenery was limited and the return route was really narrow. The pathway is only wide enough for 2 pple. BUT, completing it with dear squadmates made it very memorable. We took lotsa photos after the race, before we headed home in the freezing MRT trains. Freezing mainly because our shirts were wet through =X

31st May
Went for service then headed to Iluma, the new shopping centre at bugis to celebrate Bernard's birthday. We were there for bout 2+ hours I think? Funny how we can always sit around some place and do nth but talk for really long! And we don't seem to ever run out of topics. Haha..
Headed to West Mall after for dinner at Sakae. And the 2 of us finished a PARTY set. Was really full! But the sushi was good and the company even better. Loved the gifts too! Thoughtful, sweet and practical! Had a nice walk to end the evening.

3rd June
It was a Wednesday. We run on wednesdays. So I very routinely got into running gear and headed to Bukit Gombak to meet dear squadmates. I thought I was on time, but apparently yini and xj were earlier. Then xj said she might no be running. I thought oh dear, is xj okay? Then xj said its complicated, she'll explain later. We were walking towards the stadium. When we got there I realised Chen Hian and Kailin were there! Then I noticed there was a cake. Hahaa.. So we didn't run that day. Siew ping came to join us after and we headed to West Mall for dinner. My dear squadmates! I thank God for each and every one of them. It has been 6 yrs! I think we've all grown a lot. But I really hope even in the years ahead, we'll still be able to meet and talk nonsense. Heh.

4th June
My birthday! =)) So basically I did nothing in the day till my electone lesson in the afternoon. And my tchr got me cake! Well, not the entire cake, just a slice of it. But still, very thoughtful!
Went home and celebrated with my family at Sushi Teh at West Coast Plaza. Another new shopping centre. Food was good too! And although I don't exactly talk to my family about stuff, it was nice just spending time with them.

5th June
Went to National Library in the afternoon to enjoy the aircon there. We both found interesting books to read and I borrowed one. Its funny and interesting at the same time! And very intriguing cos you actually know someone who has been through all that written in that what, 2 inch thick book? And then we took a bus to East Coast. You know what, its so much faster and more convenient to go to East Coast from city hall than from bedok like we used to do! We attempted to watch the sunset until we realised the sun was going to set behind us. >< Had good dinner and then a nice walk besides the waters. The breeze at the beaches was really great. Very nice break from the horrid weather we'll been having. Talked and then managed to catch the last trains and buses home. Dead tired by then. But it was a super day! Forgot to bring the cam though.. But that just means we have to go back there again some day. =P

6th June
I entirely forgot what this day used to mean. It never crossed my mind until now, cos I'm typing the date and it just struck me like, oh, the 6th of june. Haha.. Moved on. With much help from lotsa very important friends. =)
Then the 2a people came in the evening! And we celebrated my birthday, again. haha.. Its nice that we're always meeting! Though some people apparently seemed to ahem, lack, morals eh? hahaa.. But I guess we just enjoyed each other's company as usual.

7th June
We picnic-ed after service! Guess where? my house!! Hahaha.. Another failed attempt *thinks about the Marina Barrage incident* This time though, it was due to bad weather, or rather, seemingly bad weather. It looked like it was about to pour so we didn't want to risk it. But after we ate all the food and all, we realised it never did even drizzle. >< But well, we had good food! We're not bad cooks huh.
Went to meet yini for our regular sunday run but realised the stadium was closed for an event. So we decided, hey, lets go run around the neighbourhood. So we ran. And then we got ambitious and decided to run all the way from gombak to jurong east. We did! We touched the MRT station pillars and made our way back. And we thought, good thing we don't have money or ez-link cards so we die die have to run back and not slack. But on our way back, we took a different route and ended up hopelessly lost. =X Thankfully I had my phone, and a living version of a gps, who suprised us by eventually managing to locate us on his bike. =P Took us 2+ hours for the entire 'expedition'. Muscles were very sore but we sort of had fun. Sorry to have kept someone waiting though. Heh. Went to west mall for food then back home.

9th June
Went to cck for dinner. It has changed quite a bit! Even the food court seems impressive. Re-lived the old times walking through the huge pasar malam outside Lot 1. Learned that there is a malay version of the tutu kueh that has brown sugar for fillings instead of the usual coconut and peanut. It's good lehh! I shall look out for it the next time I see a pasar malam. Haha..

So there. That about sums up the past few weeks. Time flies.. It's mid june already. I shall enjoy and relax for the rest of June. Then start gearing up for uni in July. Let's hope uni won't be too much of a culture shock.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lan Yingjie said...

lololol! I like your running style :P. Personally, I always carry my ezlink card, since I'd rather run as far as possible and then take a nice long bus ride home. Else I'll be like "zomg every step I take must be taken on the way back too!".

You can't get much mileage if you keep running half the distance mentally :P.

June 14, 2009 at 7:40 AM  
Anonymous nge said...

lol at the no morals part. xP anyway ur life sounds great. (:

June 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM  
Blogger mel (: said...

yes your life sounds WONDERFUL [: hahaha aww so cute [:

June 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger xiangyun said...

I know what's that malay version of that tutu kueh that you were talking about!

PUTU PIRING!!!~~

Geyland Serai has a good one! Vincent brought me there before!~ HOHO!

July 19, 2009 at 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home