Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ah I never expected to draw that many comments on the last post. Lol.

But in any case, I had my Keppel assessment today and it was seriously challenging =X I felt quite stupid after the tests actually. They were a little like the IQ tests on fb. The first one was short passages followed by true/false/cannot tell statements. The second was mainly intepreting graphs and data. The third was the pattern kind where you are shown a sequence and asked to decide what comes next. I left TEN questions blank for the last one. That's 1/4 of the total number of questions. And to think I was still kinda proud of myself for being able to figure out the answers as I did the first 30 questions. Righttt. Logical thinking and math are supposed to be my strengths. >< I was quite relieved though, that Keppel's idea of "verbal reasoning" was nothing close to a group debate/discussion. I don't think I would do well for that.

The essay question was unexpected but I suppose still manageable. I managed to write something sensible - or at least I think it is sensible, although my essay was clearly sorely lacking concrete examples. I realise though, that my EL has deproved tremendously. I seem to write very colloquially now. I really need to start reading and writing more.

That about sums up the assessment. I might not do well for it, but like all the others, I think it was a good experience. I met people I knew though! Shiju who did 你怕黑吗?in J1! I did sounds for that play. He went to VJC after the first 3 mths but we didn't know each other very well so we never kept in contact. We found each other familiar at the waiting area and somehow figured out how we knew each other. I think interviews and assesments are good for getting to know more people! Acquaintances they may be, but you might very well see them again. After all, only that many people intend to study overseas, and we only have that many universities in sg..

Electone competition was atrocious. Don't ask about it. Let's pretend it never happened! Hahaa. Rightt.

And mel! I only found out today what TGIF means!! Waaha. And I found out cos my sqdmates kept going TGIT cos tmr's the LAST working day for the week! Happiness. Hehh. And Geraldine and I are heading to Pizza Hut to make good their super attractive meal deal before we head to FaithActs.

I love the life I lead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous mel said...

LOL @ the last paragraph! you dodo how can you not know what TGIF stands for? hahaha :D

April 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM  
Blogger geraldine said...

I love the life you lead too! especially when it involves root beer floats :DDD

May 1, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home